Tuesday, October 30, 2012


October 29, 2012

So crazy week! Did you hear about the Tsunami warning? Well we live at the beach pad you know so we had to put all our stuff upstairs, pack an overnight bag, and stay over with the Sister Trainers. It was so cool though to see all the people in the community gather together on the temple grounds. We literally had saints evacuating their homes and going to higher grounds, and gathering together at the temple for safety ! Doesn't that just sound exactly like something Heavenly Father would want to see His children do! You should have seen Kam highway it was packed with cars bumper to bumper driving up to the temple. and the whole field was full of cars. Lots of people just camped out there and it was really exciting! I have never been part of a natural disaster so I was loving it! It was so cool! I will send you a picture of all the cars at the temple (and that’s not even the parking lot that is the grassy area! Sweet huh!) But the coolest part of the whole night was when one of our investigators thought to call us during time of tragedy!! She called us to ask us what was going on and what she should do! We felt so honored that she would think to call the missionaries : ) 

We had some really sweet experiences with some of the people we are teaching. It was a week full of blessings and tender mercies. One of the most exciting is that we have a family with a Temple date set. I am so happy for their family and I really really really hope Sister Johnston and I can go to their sealing in Dec. but I don't know if I will be here-we shall see! Well happy Halloween! I love you all! Sister Christiansen : )

 
Night of the Tsunami Warning

No comments:

Post a Comment