Thursday, October 4, 2012


10/4/12

Aloha,
So so so many good things!!! Life is just so great! Best news ever: the young man we were teaching on-line got baptized!!!!  YEA!!  We are so happy for him.
So cool experience on the tram tour this week! We didn't have anyone come on the tram so we were just pulling out to leave when a huge group of Japanese people all came running to catch the tram. So they got on and we realized that we didn't have any Japanese sisters on tram that day or at the VC. So here we were thinking ok great we have a group of people literally running to us to hear the gospel and we can't even teach them : ( But when we got to the BYU-H campus we yelled out to some of the students and asked if any of them spoke Japanese and this RM locked up his bike without any questions, jumped on the tram, and gave the whole tour!! It was such a testimony builder to me about being ready to serve at any time on or off a mission! I just know Heavenly Father was so pleased with that student for being worthy and ready to teach the gospel in a time of need!!! It was so cool too to see all those people just sitting in the Christus room listening to it in Japanese and then just gathering around him to listen to what he had to say. They were so receptive while watching him the scripture that says "if ye love me feed my sheep" came to my mind : ) I know that guy probably had lots of homework or classes or whatever but he loves the Lord so much he was just ready to feed the Lord’s sheep at a moment’s notice!
Alright so this is random but my new favorite food is Fijian Curry!!! It's so bomb! Whenever we get it here I am always stoked! I will learn how to make it for you all when I get home! I am also in love with coconut shrimp! Yum Yum Yum! Haha I will miss fish when I get home! I also love so much how the Polynesian people have so many awesome legends and cool stories! Like this one Fijian family was telling us that before they walk into the house at night they spit and tell the bad spirits to leave.  And in Tonga I found out that when the moon is full and half way in the sky it’s the perfect time to cut your hair because it will grow long and healthy.  They have so much history and culture and I just love them! I love serving around so many cultures! At BYUH we have people from 70 different countries and it's so cool to go to sacrament meetings and see all these cultures and people from around the world. I can just see Heavenly Father being so happy to see all his children getting along so well.
I just want you to know that the mission is the best. I am having the time of my life and I am so lucky to be serving with my best friend here-she is the bombThe mission is the best because you just feel so much joy all the time !  Enjoy conference - I can't wait!!!
Love,
 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment