Wednesday, August 1, 2012


July 31, 2012

MIRACLES are happening here in Laie! This week more than ever!

First off we had EXACTLY 28 Baptisms!!! So amazing! And to feel part of the whole 28 miracles Sister Millett and I set a goal to have 28 SR's that week!( Which really was a huge goal when you consider a couple weeks ago our whole VC with 9 companionships had a total of 33 SR's in one week!) But Heavenly Father always blesses us when we have a lot of faith and expect to see miracles so.... we had EXACTLY 28 SR's! It was so crazy cool! And the VC had 74 SR's all together last week! That is the most I have seen in one week my whole mission! It was awesome! And I was thinking about why we are seeing so many miracles and if I already wrote home about this sorry I can't remember but you know the phrase “it’s better to be trusted then to be loved”. God loves everyone but what we really want is to earn his trust. Well I was thinking about how that is so true! No wonder everyone says exact obedience brings miracles. Because when we are obedient then God knows he can trust us with his "referrals" or his precious children. Just like members you know? We have to gain their trust before they will give us a referral because their friends mean a lot to them and they don't want to just hand those people over to anyone.

Alright so here is another HUGE miracle! Probably one of the happiest moments on my mission haha and it may not seem like a big deal to you but I was jumping up and down.  Sunday we get an email!!! And he said he called the missionaries, went on a church tour on Sat with them, and then he went to all 3 hours of Church on Sunday!!!!!!! And he really liked it!!! Oh you don't even know how happy we were!!!

Next awesome thing! We have had sooooo many prepared people come on chat. Last transfer Sister Gulla and I referred 4 people to missionaries the whole transfer! Well last week Sister Millett and I referred 5!! All in one week! It was awesome! And the best part was one girl came on and she said she had just returned home from a business trip. We asked where from and she said..... HAWAII! So we asked if she had gone to Laie at all and lo and behold she had ridden on OUR tram from the PCC. Incredible right? So we asked if she remembered Sister Christiansen or Sister Millett and she said, "ya Sister Christiansen remember I was the one with the bag you said was cute!" haha I totally remembered her! I had talked to her for a while and she was so nice and because of a little pass along card she had checked out the website and Heavenly Father sent her to us! How sweet is that! So we asked if missionaries could teach her and she said yes! But we are going to teach her until they get in contact with her : ) So cool! Man I can't believe all this has happened in one week! We really saw so many miracles!

Sure love ya!

Sister Christiansen


No comments:

Post a Comment