Tuesday, August 28, 2012


August 27, 2012
I honestly love love love being a missionary! I am just so happy all the time! It's weird that I feel so happy too because I have never been so busy or stressed in my whole life. But it's the best kind of busy because we are busy doing the Lord’s work and stressed about others. I don't even have time to think about myself because I have so many other people running thru my brain and keeping me up at night. I feel like in a small way I can relate to you, Mom, haha. I can see why being a Mom is a lot like being a missionary because all of a sudden you just think about your investigators (or kids) all the time! So many times I will wake up in the middle of the night and I'll remember something I need to do for someone or something I need to share with them! Reminded me of you, Mom.This Sunday we had some amazing miracles! We decided we were going to fast for 24 hours to plead with our Father in Heaven to please please please help us get investigators. And He heard our prayers! We literally went from having no one to a potential of like 10 new investigators!

 Also Last night we went to an incredible fireside by Elder Oaks! He was at the campus because of some BYUH project going on and it was so so so good! As he was talking people that we teach kept coming to mind. You know like stuff they need to hear and scriptures that would be good for them : ) That’s something I love about being a missionary-you can receive revelation for other people. Something really interesting Elder Oaks said though as he was closing up was he talked about the scripture that says to some is given the blessing to know the truth and to others it is given to believe on the truth or something like that. And he said “I want you to know that whether you know this is true or not I know this is true and if you don't know then believe on my words because I know”. It was really powerful! He said it with such conviction and it made me think that even if people don't accept what I teach or testify of I hope they know without a doubt that I know it is true and that I truly believe what I am teaching them. Because I do. I really do know that what we have to share will change their lives!
K well I love you! Time is flying! And I hope you all have a fabulous week please please please pray for the missionaries.
Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment