Friday, March 9, 2012


March 8, 2012



Aloooooooha!

WOW LIFE IS SOOOOO GOOD! I have never been in a more beautiful place! Hawaii is truly amazing and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world! I love it here with all of my heart! I live at what's called the "beach pad" and the ocean is literally our backyard! I feel so undeserving! I can't believe I am living in Hawaii! Every day I go outside and it smells like Bear Lake : ) I am sure my trainer is so sick of hearing it but, I just keep saying, wow this is so beautiful! Because it really is! I don't know if I'll ever get used to it! I love it too because we just walk around in sun dresses and Hawaiian sandals : ) This is truly the life!

Ok so my Mission President is great. He reminds me so much of Holli's dad haha. They have so many of the same mannerisms, their voice sounds the same, and they have the same sense of humor haha. I love it! His wife is just awesome I love her too!

My trainer is amazing. I love her! She is from California, she is beautiful, she is sooooo nice, she is so easy going but she is also a really hard worker and has great goals to do a lot of good! She went to BYU, her parents are both remarried and so she has a big blended family that she loves so much and she is just teaching me so much! I am so grateful for her! I would be so lost if I didn't have her!

The first night we got to Hawaii we had the coolest experience; we were able to go to a baptism right away! It was amazing! The whole family is from Fiji and has been members (except the dad) for ten years. The sisters were able to work with the family and finally the dad converted and so we rushed over to his baptism! It was so great! We have been running around everywhere! It has been so crazy busy trying to get trained in everything including the VC stuff but I love it so much! I am so grateful that I get to serve here I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

Ok and the greatest thing ever! After a way long first day in Honolulu of getting trained they had us go out on the street for 20 min and talk to people and it was so cool because we started talking to this lady who was sitting down for lunch and she said she wanted us to come teach her children! She has 5 children!!! So we got her address and we are going to send missionaries in her area over to her! It was so cool! Then when we got to Laie my trainer said we had a lesson scheduled that night with a girl who had just committed to baptism last week!!! It was so much fun teaching her!! She is our age and she is adorable! So fun! Her boyfriend is an RM and so we taught her with him and another one of his RM friends! They are all so cool! (For Holli- they are definitely the hipster type I can see you hanging out with them if you were still going to BYUH. Also Holli what ward were you in because my area is the YSA 2nd, BYU1st and BYU19th?) How cool is that, too, that we get to serve in the student wards! Ok so back to the young woman, she is GOLDEN! She is so excited about her baptism and she is just beaming whenever she talks about it! She is amazing-she is so excited to read the Book of Mormon and she loves everything we have to teach her! I love her so much!

I love being a missionary, can I just say that! People are so nice to us! Everywhere we go people wave, and honk! The people here are just so so so incredibly nice!

I love the VC too! It’s so fun to meet so many people from all over and it’s so cute, you will get the people from Japan that want you in their pictures just because you're in a blue mumu haha. This is the best time of my life! I love it! And we can go to the PCC any P-day for free-how amazing is that! So lots of times I guess they will just go to a show a week :) How awesome is that!

Ok well I wish I could just tell you everything but there is too much to type, but just know that I am having the time of my life!

 Well real quick: first I want to thank you, Mom and the YW, for the package that was so so so nice of all of you! I am going to send a card your way so be looking for that and if you could just take it with you to church one Sunday so the girls could read it that would be great! Thanks Mom! And just so you know today we just had pday because it was a weird schedule but normally my pday will be on Tue. So sorry it has been so weird lately! Also Dad thank you so much for the letter, I loved everything you had to say and don't you worry I am going to work real hard! My trainer and I have already set some high goals for baptisms and we are just going to go out there and talk to everyone and find those the Lord has prepared!

K well got to run-we are on shift for the VC at six and then we have a lesson at 7:30. But just so you all know, I love you so so so much and I am so grateful for all your letters and email and I am sorry that I haven't been able to write you all back- it is just sooooo busy here but I love you I love you I love you! And I love being a missionary!

Love Sister C.

No comments:

Post a Comment